MISS EDITH de VOS (1902 - 1907)
She joined the school in 1891 as a pupil, served on the staff and rose to be the Principal in 1902. She was the first pupil to become the Principal of the school.
She devoted her services with much commitment for five years since her marriage to Dr. Edwin Ludovici in 1907. During her period of service new methods of work were introduced to the school that helped the school to develop rapidly over the years. She started a school library to encourage the students to widen their knowledge by improving their reading habits. Physical Education and Western Music were introduced to the School curriculum.
All the principals who succeeded her gave much attention to help, develop and improve the skills of the student in these areas of work. Her wide interests laid a solid foundation to the school curriculum. Even after marriage, she never lost touch with the school and helped the school in many ways. She was the Vice President of the O.P.A. for many years. In 1935, at the Golden Jubilee celebrations, Mrs. M.E. Ludovici was honoured as the Chief Guest for the main event of the school, the Prize Distribution.